Sunday, September 12, 2010

When life is this good!

Sometimes,  some of us, in fact many of us, forget just how truly blessed we are. For instance, take this past week, were I have been obsessed trying to get work done, on top of writing some shorts for an Anthology as well as doing some freelance work for a magazine. I was hitting my head against a brick wall, trying to achieve the impossible in such a short period of time, I was almost burnt out midweek- bad!

Then, my little sister gave birth to my new little niece on Thursday night, and you wanna know something, I came crashing down to earth with a bang! I thought, ' hold on for a minute, who's in control here, me or work?' and I won! I decided to slow down for a bit and stop putting myself under pressure, when there isn't really a need!

So, on Thursday evening at 17.20pm, Amelie Kiki McCormack was born into this world, weighing in at 6lbs 7ozs, and born at 35 weeks gestation. She is truly a little beauty and a little fighter and with her 'big' brother watching over, I'm pretty confident that she will gain strength each day and will be home with her mummy and daddy very soon!

Proud Auntie I am!

Now, back to the other things that dominate my life, and no I don't mean my children, it's my other baby, my work!

First things first, work on a new Series has started, and as yet, it is untitled as I am in first draft status, but I am enjoying it so far, Secondly, I am also contributing to a few Anthologies due out next year, and am devoting some time in constructing some shorts - quite an enjoyable adventure. And last, but not least, work on book 2, in the Shadow World series, is coming together nicely, and I have found myself falling in love a few unlikely characters! So watch this space.

I am also hoping to post some fan art up soon, I just haven't had the time to get round to scanning and transferring files, but I'll definitely try something this week!

Anyway, that's it from me on an early Sunday morning musing and I'll be sure to stop by later on this week!

Be good and keep reading!

1 comment:

  1. brilliant news about new baby Mc ,beautiful name as well. Are you on twitter think might generate some more followers,Am greatly enjoying reading and the characters unfolding thinking of trying to write down some of my stuff lol keep on going hun we all proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete